I’ve discontinued some lines, so the products are on sale; look for the little “SALE” banners. Get them while they’re available–once they’re gone, they’re GONE!
By popular demand, I will be adding two lines of candles to the Bath Geek range!
Bath Geek candles will be well-scented and very lightly colored, and they will come in lovely jars with metal lids on them. The usual candle warnings apply–never leave unattended, etc. Some of my fragrances will make it into these candles and I hope you will enjoy them.
I am also introducing a specialty line of Bath Geek Body Art candles! Meant for wax play, these candles will be:
- unscented (though I am open to adding fragrance by special request/special order)
- brightly colored (some will be UV-reactive/flourescent!)
- very low temperature (I am aiming for as close to 120F or less if possible)
- Available both in all-soy and soy-free versions (no more worrying about playing with soy wax if you are allergic to soy!)
- they will come both in wicked and wickless versions!
I look forward to posting these candles for sale. Which of my current fragrances do you most want to see in a candle? What are your favorite candle colors?
There comes a point in time when the cost of ingredients and the general cost of doing business increases and you have to raise prices or start losing money. I’ve been trying to keep prices low, but unfortunately, in 2019 I will be increasing some of my prices to keep up with inflation.
I know this isn’t great news! So for you, dear readers, here is a coupon to soften the blow. Use “BYE2018” from now until January 31, 2019 to take 10% off all your purchases until then. (PS: Now is a good time to stock up before the price increase!)
Dear Bath Geek customers,
I hope that you have noticed the shiny allergen filter that is labelled “Filter by Allergens”! If you haven’t yet, it is on the left side of the screen just under the Facebook and Twitter login links in the shop. Here are a couple of hopefully-helpful usage notes from other customers who have used this feature:
- The allergen filter is not a persistent/”sticky” setting, unfortunately. What this means is, if you leave a shop/category page to look at product details, when you go back to the previous page or click on a new category/link, you will need to turn on the filter again.
- To make it easier to see what has been applied, the active filters will be listed at the top of the filter in bold. To turn off a filter, just uncheck the box!
- If you would like to make sure the filter stays “on”, when you want to go and look at a product’s details, instead of the usual left-click, use the right-click and then choose either “open in new tab” or “open in new window”.
- Your filtered shop view will stay the way it was.
- A new tab or window will open with the details of the product you want to look at.
- When you are done looking at that page, just close the tab or window of the product. You can then go back to your filtered shop view and keep shopping!
I am researching plugins in order to find a way to make this setting persistent. In the meantime, I thank you for your patience and understanding. Please use the “notes” section in your order to ask me to review your order if you are not quite sure that you have it working. Just tell me what allergens you need to avoid, and I will e-mail you ASAP to let you know whether or not you have ordered something you can’t use by mistake!
Just in time for the holiday season:
- Peppermint bath bombs are back in stock!
- Jumpin’ Juniper was incredibly popular and even though it was originally a limited edition, many people asked for it to return. It’s now back!
- Ocean Breeze is now a much more shipping-friendly round bath bomb instead of the square ones!
- Three new bubble bath fragrances:
Remember that Bath Geek does free gift-wrapping and mails across the USA for a flat rate. Let me take some of your holiday work off your hands and get your Christmas presents all wrapped and ready for you (all you’ll need is to stick a name tag on them!)
Hi folks! It’s been a very long time since my last update. I’ve re-scheduled some fairs (my October and November weekends are going to be crazy but please do come by and say hello if you are going to be near me!) and I’ve been very busy at my other job. I just wanted to post a quick note to say that I am still alive, and a quick reminder that summer shipping charges (especially cold pack charges) will be going away starting Halloween (October 31).
For those of you who aren’t waiting for summer shipping to end, let me reassure you that this summer, hot as it was, I shipped a double-digit number of packages containing lotions etc wrapped in insulated bags with ice packs included, and they all survived the summer heat! (At least, no one has written to let me know their lotion didn’t survive shipping…)
A couple of questions I have fielded recently:
Q: You’re out of travel soap! Will there be any more?
A: Yes, there will! ^_^ I am making some now and it will take a little while but I will have them back in stock ASAP.
Q: What’s the status of the coconut-free shampoo?
A: I was unable to source the ingredients I needed for a test (and frankly have just been kept busy flying around for my other job). That said, I have not forgotten! It is an ongoing project.
Q: Thank you for the free shower gloves! Where can I get more?
A: I’ve been including a gift in the shipping box for larger orders, and yes, I do sell the shower gloves if you are looking for more of them! I keep one pair in my shower and one pair in my travel bag right next to my lotion.
New Size for Coconut-free Lotions
Coconut-free lotions now come in a travel size as well as the regular large size, so you can bring your lotion with you while traveling. I know for certain that the lotions make it through TSA in airline check-in bags safely, because I have one of these bottles in my travel toiletries bag and have been on and off planes twice a week for the last few months.
Mother’s Day is fast approaching! Have you gotten your mother something yet? To help you out, Bath Geek LLC is having a 18% sale from now until Mother’s Day (May 13). Get your mother something she’ll love! Use the code MOTHER2018 to save 18% of all your purchases (excluding gift cards).
We’ve all heard about credit card skimmers that read the magnetic stripes on our credit cards. Now we have chip cards, so we’re safe, right? Not so fast–apparently now scammers have “shimmers” that read your card and then use that information to make a fake magstripe card. This article says that Apple Pay and other such tap-to-pay methods are actually the most secure way of paying by credit card in person.
I want to let you know that if you are paying online, Bath Geek supports Apple Pay! (Yes, even if you are shopping on your phone!) And if you see me at my booth at various craft fairs, I also take tap-to-pay in person. I have yet to see a customer use the tap-to-pay option, so please make my day and use it so I can squee at the tech coolness!
I’ve received a lot of e-mails asking for specific product recommendations, and a lot of these questions have to do with a combination of allergies, such as what products to use (or avoid) if you’re allergic to nuts and corn. It’s clear to me that you need a way to search for products that fit ALL of your needs!
Because of this, I’ve added an option to search for a combination of ingredients and product type choices. For example, if you want to find a nut-free bath bomb that doesn’t have any coconut, cocoa butter, or sweet almond oil, just choose “bath bomb” in product type, and then check the boxes for “coconut-free”, “cocoa-free”, and “nut-free”.
I hope this helps in your search for better bath products. As always, please feel free to contact me if you have more questions!
I asked, and you answered! <3 Survey responses are here if you would like to see them with up-to-the-minute results. Otherwise, let me share what I’ve learned so far:
I had no idea whipped body butter was this popular! I hadn’t planned on introducing it and had just included it in the survey on a whim, but clearly I am missing out on something vital. I will definitely be working on a great allergy-sensitive formulation post-haste.
And yes, those bath bomb and bubble bath combinations are coming right up! (After this class I’m taking, which is eating up all of my free time…)
Can I ask for a huge favor? Can you please complete this quick two-question survey? I would like to know if there is interest in new products beyond what is on the website now, and I would also like to know if there are allergies I am unaware of that you would like me to consider when making my products. This is a very quick survey to help me make better products for you!
Again, thank you for your time! <3
Happy Valentine’s Day! Today only, take 14% off your entire order (excluding gift cards.) Simply enter VDAY2018 at checkout and you’ll get 14% off no matter how much you order. Remember that $150+ nets you free shipping anywhere in the USA (including territories) too!
It’s time to SHARE THE LOVE with Gluten Free & More magazine and our great sponsors leading up to Valentine’s Day! YOU can win, and so can someone YOU LOVE! Each day, we’ll be highlighting a new sponsor, and you (and whoever you tag in your entry) has a chance to win! Make sure you’re FOLLOWING @GlutenFreeandMoreMag and FOLLOW OUR SPONSOR @bathgeek! 🛀🏻 Bath Geek is a great small business that makes bath bombs, liquid hand soap, bubble bath bombs, hand soap and more! You can use their website to search for products that are free from soy, corn, colorants, fragrance etc.! You’ll have a chance to win a set of soaps and bath time products including their adorable pixie dust which is a powdered bath bomb (made with almond oil). All of the soap is 100% castile. The total value of each set is $40. ❤️ Tell us why you’d like to win, and TAG ONE FRIEND in your comment that you’d like to also win along with you! RULES! Giveaway ends 48 hours after post launch. Winner will have 24 hours to respond, or another winner will be chosen. USA only, 18+ only, and not affiliated with Instagram.
A number of customers have requested a nut-free version of my bath bombs, and I have good news: I will be making some of my bath bombs with avocado oil instead of sweet almond oil to give you a choice! Please make sure that you read the description in order to find out whether the bath bomb contains almond or avocado. (It will not be both, it is an either kind of thing.)
As you may have surmised from the image above, the replacement oil is avocado oil. If you are allergic to avocados, I apologize–we will still have avocado-free bath bombs! Just know that some of the new bath bombs will contain avocado oil instead of sweet almond oil. If you particularly want a certain fragrance available either avocado-free or almond-free, please let me know and I will do my best to make you a batch.
Again, just a reminder, you can always shop using my tag system! On the Bath Geek homepage, use the Shop By Ingredient section to find bath products that don’t contain things you’re allergic to!
Unfortunately, USPS prices have gone up again and my previous flat rate shipping charge is no longer enough to cover shipping. To cover both packaging and shipping costs, the new flat-rate shipping is now $7.15 for bar soap & bubble bath and $10 for liquids. Free shipping is still in effect for purchases over $150!
A couple of housekeeping notes:
- Most of you deduced (correctly) that the sales tax information wasn’t being displayed correctly in my invoices. It was an annoying bug, and I am very happy to announce that I have changed the plugin I was using to generate invoices, and the math works correctly now.
- Gift wrapping is now a checkbox option on each product page. As always, gift wrapping is free!
- Every product page now has a tab where you can ask questions directly about each product! Just click on the “product enquiry” tab and fill out the form.
[This is also a follow-up to my post “Branching Out“.]
I did my first craft fair as Bath Geek LLC on Saturday (Dec 9), and it was great fun. The craft fair was at Vista Peak Preparatory, so I made sure to stock up on tons of bath bombs, which were a favorite with the teens. There were three soap-related booths in a fair of roughly 25-30 stalls, so considering how much competition there was, I did pretty well. ^_^
What really stuck with me, though, was that at the craft fair, I met a lady, Nic, who was just as excited to see my stuff as I was to meet her! She too was an allergy-conscious shopper, and after she told me her allergies I recommended certain soaps. We have been e-mailing back and forth; she’s a great correspondent. She’s given me a bunch of ideas, recommended some places to get more exposure, and told me about lots of allergy-safe substitutions for things, as well as oral immunotherapy to help with certain problems. It is always wonderful to meet someone else who understands just how life with allergies can be annoying and irritating (if not completely life-threatening). I also really love and appreciate the support! <3
Meeting Nic has strengthened my resolve in making sure my soaps are allergy-friendly and considerate of people’s sensitivities. I still want to add a couple of ingredients to my soaps in order to make them feel creamier, feel more moisturizing, and in general improve on the soap experience… but I will always be mindful of allergy-conscious customers. If you have specific allergies and you need me to make a formulation that helps you, please do not hesitate to contact me–there is always something I can do to help!
So, no pressure, but… there are only 16 days left until the USPS Priority Shipping deadline in order for gifts to get to your loved ones by Christmas Eve! In order to make things a little easier, I’ve added a couple of options to the site:
- The build-your-own-gift is exactly that–build your own gift! Pick a soap, at least one bath bomb, and at least one bubble bath/bath melt–all of that gets packed into a gift for your loved one, customized to their liking.
- The bathtime gift set is for bath lovers who like bath bombs and also like bubble baths. Choose two bath bombs and two bubble bath bars to be gift-wrapped into a pretty present!
- The bath bomb gift set is for bath bomb lovers (and those who love them). Choose any four bath bombs to be gift-wrapped into a pretty present! (Bonus: the set only costs $10, including gift-wrapping!)
- When all else fails, or when it’s just too late to toss one more present onto Santa’s sleigh, try Bath Geek gift cards, which can be e-mailed to your recipient instantly.
Also… we now have pre-orders! If you want to make absolutely sure that stock doesn’t run out before you get a chance to get something, you can now pre-order it and reserve yours, weeks before it’s actually available. Check it out!
To thank my repeat customers, I’ve installed a points and rewards system on this blog. Just like credit cards, every dollar spent earns you points, and these points can be redeemed towards future purchases! It’s my way of thanking you for your support.
- To track your points, you need to have an account on bathgeek.com (you can sign up at checkout, or just sign up at any time via the “My Account” link in the top menu.)
- You can click on “Points” in “My Account” (or just follow this link) at any time to see how many points you have.
- I have adjusted the point totals to credit folks for orders prior to December 2017. If you placed an order before December 2017 and you haven’t received your points, please let me know.
If you have any other questions, please let me know and I will try to answer them. Thanks again, and Happy Holidays!